Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Everyone's Favorite Simple Pleasure: Chocolate

What is smooth, creamy, and melts in your mouth? Chocolate of course! I love chocolate! And I know that I'm not the only one who does. All over the world many people enjoy eating chocolate. Everyone that is, except the people that are allergic to it. Then they probably don't like it because they are really missing out on some really good stuff. But regardless to that, chocolate is enjoyed by many people. What is chocolate you might ask? What chocolate is, is a delicious solid made out of sugar, fat, milk, and of course cacao beans. The cacao bean is the main ingredient to what chocolate is made from. The cacao bean originated from Central America and Mexico. Chocolate comes in many different varieties such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and the occasional nut or filling of many combinations. Chocolate also comes in many types of combinations. Combinations such as truffles, candies, and baked goods. You can also make a good desert less boring by drenching or dipping it in chocolate. And of course, you can find chocolate in hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is one of the many chocolaty drinks that is served hot and enjoyed on a cold day or night. Other drinks that contain chocolate are chocolate milk, chocolate milkshakes, and surprisingly most alcoholic drinks that contain chocolate flavoring. I was surprised to find out that some wines have some chocolate flavoring in it. Then again, every day you learn something new. I was also surprised to find out that a certain Mexican sauce called Mole, that's usually drizzled over chicken, contains small amounts of chocolate ingredients. You just can't taste it since the ingredients are mixed in so well. Although the information is true, I just don't like Mole because I don't acquire the taste for it. As for chocolate, that's a different story. I love eating chocolate, hence my blog screename ChocolateLover88. Like I said before, chocolate can be created in many ways, eaten in many different ways and used in many different ways. So for everyone who loves to eat chocolate like me, the next time that they buy some chocolate, they should savor the taste, because it will be worth it when they do. Believe me, I know from experience!

2 comments:

Jeremy Hedman said...

Chocolate is a very interesting thing. It is used in the cheapest of beverages to being used as an aphrodisiac. A complete sub-culture is based around it in the food world, and some places are renowned for their chocolate, such as Switzerland. Chocolate will always be a thing that drives people in a craze to get some for its luxurious taste, and will have a place in the finest of foods.\


Jeremy

Tyler said...

Chocolate is one of those foods that just about everyone likes, you can always count on it. I've met very few people in my life that would actually admit to disliking it. Like you said it is used all over the world.