Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Why are people afraid to try new things when it comes to eating food?

Why are people afraid to try new things when it comes to eating food? Well, the reason is because they either fear of change, they have had a bad experience, or because they are just plain picky and that they don't like eating what's on their plate. Usually when a person is picky about a certain type of food that they don't eat is because that they haven't tried to eat that type of food at an early age. Also when a person refrains fom eating a certain type of food, it could be of a bad experience that happend to that person when he/she was trying something new to eat. For example, I have a hard time eating any type of dish involving fish because I once got a fish bone stuck in my throat. That bad experience left me scarred from eating big peices of cooked fish, and in some cases raw fish as well, (sushi). But in time I'm getting over it. I'm starting to eat fish again, but I am very cautious when I do so. I'm now comfortable eating sushi, but it's weird because I still act very cautious when I eat big peices of cooked fish. And when I do find a bone, I get disgusted and don't finish my meal. I just leave it alone. In time, I will get used to eating fish again and be comfortable doing so.

2 comments:

valentino said...

i had a bad experience with chicken. i ordered a nice big breast from some place i forget i cut into the chicken and blood overflowed out of the chicken i almost threw up i didnt eat chicken for like three years after that

Tyler said...

This post makes me think of when I ordered a breakfast burrito. It was one of the nastiest things I had ever encountered. It was as if they had taken the fat, gristle chewed up bits of pot roast left on someones plate after they had finished thier meal and stuffed it into a tortilla with some eggs and salsa. I dont think I'll ever order a breakfast burrito again.