Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant Experience

A few years ago I went to San Francisco's Pier 39 with a couple of friends. As we were walking around and having fun, we started to get hungry. It was around noon and we wanted to get some lunch. We didn't know what we wanted to eat, so we looked at the tourist brochure to see what choice restaurants were there. We came across the Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant. If anyone has ever seen the movie "Forrest Gump", you would know all about the Bubba Gump Shrimp Restaurant that has been built from that movie. Anyways, we decided to go to that place for lunch, and it was amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes. By the entrance to the restaurant, there was a bench and a pair of fake shoes, and beside the fake pair of shoes was a man that was dressed just like Forrest Gump! It was so cool! I think that he was a tourist attraction for the restaurant because he had the outfit, the box of chocolates and the accent. Before heading into the restaurant, we took a picture with "Forrest Gump". Afterwards, my friends and I got seated to a table and looked at the menu. The food looked great, but the prices are just a bit expensive. The atmosphere of the restaurant was a theme of "Forrest Gump". I was very happy because I saw the movie and loved it. Besides the amazing atmosphere, the food was also amazing as well. I can't wait til the next time to go back and eat at that restaurant for a second or third time!

No comments: